Electronic commerce, or e-commerce
Today, e-commerce is a multibillion-dollar industry, and companies that rely solely on bricks and mortar stores are losing out on a huge demographic of potential customers, because the internet gives companies a global reach, and allows for simple international sales and borderless shopping.
Nonetheless, managing an e-commerce site is a full-time job, and businesses that want to jump into it headfirst or who want to increase their market share have to dedicate time and resources to the endeavour. Looking at the numbers and the upcoming trends, however, setting up or revamping an e-commerce site is well worth the effort.
Things to Consider About an E-commerce Site
- The best type of cart and checkout system for your needs
- Managing coupons and redemption codes
- Creating a responsive site that can be viewed on any platform
- Driving traffic and conversion
- Deciding what to sell and at what price point
- Integrating with other online sales platforms